Since From the Barrio to the Board Room was first launched, Robert and the From the Barrio Foundation have dedicated their time and energy to helping schools, churches, youth prisons and other community based organizations to utilize the book as a teaching tool. The From the Barrio to the Classroom curriculum was developed so program participants could apply Robert’s experiences and choices to their own life. The end result is an increased focus on education, with more emphasis on pride, accomplishment, and hard work.
In addition to the books and curriculum appearances by Robert have been an incredible addition to the experience kids are having with the program. Seeing him an accessible role model leaves a lasting impression.
Now, with the announcement of Robert as the 2010 Chicago Latino Professional of the Year and the launch of the comic book Mi Barrio, Robert and the Barrio Foundation’s Executive VP Cheryl Maraffio, are redoubling their efforts to reach readers through in-person presentations and workshops.
In addition to dozens of middle schools and high schools, Robert and the Foundation have spoken at the request of:
- U.S. Department of Justice, Weed & Seed
- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
- The Illinois Secretary of State
- The Illinois Association of School Social Workers
- The Chicago Principal and Administrator’s Association
- National Latino Education Institute
- Northeastern Illinois University
- DePaul University
- Principal’s Partnership National Annual Conference
- Aurora University
- National League of United Latin American Citizens
- Rainbow Push Coalition 40th Annual Conference
- Evergreen Middle School Academy
- George Washington High School
- College of DuPage Latino Student Visit Day
- Mexican American Veterans Association
- National Hispanic Bar Association
- Illinois Latino Legislative Caucus Foundation
- Cook County Jail
- St. Charles Youth Prison
- Warrenville Youth Prison
- McHenry County College
Now is the time for Robert, Corey, and the Foundation to work directly with you.
Throughout 2012, Robert and Corey will be making appearances around the country to deepen the impact of the Foundation and its programs and to make a bigger difference in the lives of our youth.
If you are interested in booking Robert for a keynote presentation or Corey for a workshop on Leadership, Creative Thinking, or Writing, please contact Robert at 312.933.5619 or firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and availability.