Since From the Barrio to the Board Room was first launched, Robert and the From the Barrio Foundation have dedicated their time and energy to helping schools, churches, youth prisons and other community based organizations to utilize the book as a teaching tool. The From the Barrio to the Classroom curriculum was developed so program participants could apply Robert’s experiences and choices to their own life. The end result is an increased focus on education, with more emphasis on pride, accomplishment, and hard work.
In addition to the books and curriculum appearances by Robert have been an incredible addition to the experience kids are having with the program. Seeing him an accessible role model leaves a lasting impression.
Now, with the announcement of Robert as the 2010 Chicago Latino Professional of the Year and the launch of the comic book Mi Barrio and the new activity coloring book Little Barrio, Robert and the Barrio Foundation, are redoubling their efforts to reach readers through in-person presentations and workshops.
In addition to dozens of middle schools and high schools, Robert and the Foundation have spoken at the request to name just a few:
- TEDxNaperville (TED Talk)
- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
- The Illinois Association of Probation
- The Illinois Association of School Social Workers
- The Chicago Principal and Administrator’s Association
- Illinois School Boards Joint Annual Conference
- Northeastern Illinois University
- DePaul University
- Principal’s Partnership National Annual Conference
- Aurora University
- National League of United Latin American Citizens
- McDonalds Hamburger University
- Rainbow Push Coalition 40th Annual Conference
- WBC-World Boxing Council Global Conference
- The National Hispanic Publishers Association Conference
- College of DuPage Latino Student Visit Day
- Mexican American Veterans Association
- National Hispanic Bar Association
- General Mills Corporation
- Cook County Jail
- Illinois Department of Corrections
- General Motors Corporation
- Boeing Corporation
- Hundreds of Middle Schools and High Schools Across the Country
Now is the time for Robert, and the Foundation to work directly with you.
Throughout 2018, Robert will be making appearances around the country to deepen the impact of the Foundation and its programs and to make a bigger difference in the lives of our youth.
If you are interested in booking Robert for a keynote presentation or for a workshop on Leadership, Creative Thinking, or Writing, please contact Robert at 312.933.5619 or firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and availability